When an accident or incident occurs and it affects a large number of people at the same time, this can result in Group Litigation . This type of case allows a group of people to bring their claims to Court as a single entity and is known as a ‘Group’ or ‘Class’ action.
Group Litigation Orders (GLOs) are created by the Court to allow individuals with similar complaints to join together against the wrongdoer and avoid the pitfalls associated with claiming separately.
Your Legal Friend has more than 30 years experience in the legal industry and is an expert in personal injury. We have successfully secured over £200,000,000 in compensation in the last ten years alone, including group action cases.
We have a dedicated team to deal with Group Actions and with a wealth of expertise and resources we can thoroughly research and investigate potential actions quickly. We have a strong interest in pharmaceutical Group Actions and have previously investigated fires at Sherburn-in-Elmet, Redcar and Thrunton.
Advantages of group actions
- A group of Claimants often have more impact if they bring their cases together. The real benefit of a group action is that Claimants have strength in numbers
- Cases that are too low value to be run alone may be successful if they are brought together as a Group Action
- Costs and resources in Group Actions can also be shared
- Useful evidence from one individual case can be used in the other cases
- A successful group litigation claim can lead to individuals receiving their compensation sooner and at less cost than might otherwise be the case
Making a claim
If you have been involved in an accident or incident where a number of people may have been affected, we can offer you assistance and advice on what the next steps should be and whether a Group Action may be an option.
Talk to us today
For an informal, confidential chat about making a claim with one of our Group Litigation Solicitors, call us now on 0808 159 2849 (calls free from landlines and mobiles). Or just complete the 'Start a new claim’ option on the right and we'll call you straight back.