Call me back

Car accident: multiple injuries

Car bumper after crash
14th May 2014
Motor accident compensation could be undertaken by a number of people after serious injuries were sustained by four people in Lincolnshire.

But the driver of one of the vehicles involved in a horrific crash on the new Spalding to Crowland road, reports he's been heartened by the recovery of the injured baby boy.

Local newspaper the Spalding Guardian reports that the car accident took place on the new bypass in the area on July 13th.

Despite suffering several breaks to his left arm, severe seatbelt cuts and a hip injury, 50 year-old Brian Hobbs told paramedics to see to the baby first.

The father-of-four underwent hours of surgery at Peterborough City Hospital following the collision.

His wife Jody told the Spalding Guardian: "When it happened he knew there was a baby in the other car.

"He said to the paramedics 'don't worry about me, go to the baby'. I think that’s the natural reaction of most people.

"We are all just so relieved to hear that he is home.

"Our hearts go out to the family, it’s impossible to imagine what they are going through."

Mr Hobbs, of Sibsey near Boston, had to have metal plates inserted in his arm.

The eight-month-old baby’s parents were also seriously injured in the head-on collision.

The baby was pulled from the wreckage of the family’s Ford Focus by passing bus driver and retained firefighter Dave Ellis.

The baby was airlifted to Queen’s Medical Centre in Nottingham, along with his father.

Both were in a serious condition. The mother was taken to hospital in Peterborough.

The baby has since been released and is being cared for by his grandparents. 

However, his parents are still recovering in hospital.

Police are still appealing for witnesses to the incident. Anyone with information should call Lincolnshire Police.

A motorcyclist suffered broken ribs in an accident on the same stretch of road last week.

The 47 year-old man, from Gosberton, came off a red Triumph motorbike at about 1.30pm on Thursday.

He was taken to Peterborough District Hospital by ambulance for treatment.

The road was not closed but drivers were warned to expect slight delays while emergency services were at the scene.

The accident happened just two days after motorists made a plea in the Lincolnshire Free Press for safety measures to be taken on the road.

Any one of the victims of this crash could stand a chance of winning motor accident compensation for the pain and suffering the ordeal of this event has caused.

Reported by Fiona Campbell